TIA is calling for the submission of funding applications for projects in the Industrial Biotechnology business, focusing on the Bioplastics sector, and specifically addressing:
- Development of biobased and biodegradable bioplastics, such as modified thermoplastic starch and other biodegradable polymers like polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA), polylactide (PLA), and polybutylene succinate (PBS);
- Improving the biodegradability of bioplastics;
- Use of novel renewable resources for bioplastic production;
- Improving recycling processes for bioplastics; and
- Developing a more cost-effective production process for bioplastics.