TIA has launched an Industry Matching Fund Programme (IMFP) as a pilot that consists of the following:
- Blended finance/funding model between
- Commercial Industry
- A risk sharing instrument
- For co-investment and follow on funding
- Large investment quantum’s’ required in some industries
- Leverage TIA funding
- A commercialization acceleration instrument/initiative with Industry, Private sector with non-financial support such as incubation of investment for market penetration and access.
The current partners under this Programme and those that onboarded on an ongoing basis are targeted based on the following elements:
- Be an investor (Funder)
- Be a potential customer (commercial partner) or industry player
- Skin in the game
- Funding available to co-invest or follow on fund
- Track record in technology and product commercialisation
- Track record in maturing investments
TIA has successfully achieved what it never had achieved ever since its establishment, and that is to attract and leverage co-investment and follow-on funding secured resources with industry and private sector and in so doing proves a market access partnership platform.