The Department of Science and Innovation (DSI), together with the governments of Austria, Germany, Spain and South Korea, has launched a EUREKA Network Projects Call for applied research and innovation project proposals in Disruptive Technologies in the fields of:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI);
- Renewable Energy;
- High-Speed Travel, Robotic innovations, Autonomous Vehicles, and Advanced Virtual Reality;
- Disruptive Manufacturing (including: 3D Printing, Medical Innovations, Precision medicine (e.g. Genome Editing);
- Big data and digital disruption; as well as,
- Agricultural disruptive technologies (including Precision agriculture; and ICT solutions for the agro-food sector).
Please note that South African (SA) applicants must complete BOTH the EUREKA and the SA National Call documents (i.e. as provided in the link above)!
Important notes on the eligibility criteria and the application process:
To apply to this call, the applied research and innovation project partners must form a Consortium. The Consortium must include at least two, registered independent companies from at least two of the participating countries, according to each country’s national funding guidelines and regulations. In terms of the SA national funding guidelines, please note that the new deadline for the SA national application process is 28 February 2020 (i.e. extended from the initial date of 31 January 2020). Please refer to the below application form for more information:
Successful SA applicants will sign a contract with the Technology Innovation Agency (TIA) to receive funding upon the successful conclusion of the EUREKA Disruptive Technologies Call processes, as well as, the signing of a Consortium Agreement with the relevant EUREKA country partner(s).
For more information contact:
Business Development Manager: International Partnerships, Technology Innovation Agency (TIA)
Mr. Toto Matshediso
Deputy Director, Strategic Partnerships, Department of Science and Innovation (DSI)