How to apply for Funding
Who is eligible?
- Science Councils and Higher Education Institutions
- Start-up companies
- Small, medium and micro-sized enterprises
- Large companies participating within the Innovation Support Programmes.
Applicants other than Science Councils and Higher Education Institutions applying for financial assistance from TIA must fulfil the following requirements:
- Applicants must be South African citizens with valid South African identity documents or legal entities registered with CIPC;
- Applicants must have the necessary contractual capacity to engage with TIA;
- All primary business operations, including but not limited to projects / programmes / enterprises, must be operated within South Africa and be registered with the CIPC;
- Applicants must meet the dti’s Localisation Framework requirements of a minimum of 20% equity ownership by a South African entity and B-BBEE requirements as per the B-BBEE Act.
- The enterprise must be compliant with generally accepted corporate governance practices appropriate to the client’s legal status; and
- For foreign owned IP, the IP should be licensed or assigned to a South African institution such as a university, science council or a legal entity registered with CIPC.
Refer to the Manual for instructions on how to apply for funding
Should you still require assistance you can contact our Help Desk