How to apply for Funding
Who is eligible?
- Science Councils and Higher Education Institutions
- Start-up companies
- Small, medium and micro-sized enterprises
- Large companies participating within the Innovation Support Programmes.
Applicants other than Science Councils and Higher Education Institutions applying for financial assistance from TIA must fulfil the following requirements:
- Applicants must be South African citizens with valid South African identity documents or legal entities registered with CIPC;
- Applicants must have the necessary contractual capacity to engage with TIA;
- All primary business operations, including but not limited to projects / programmes / enterprises, must be operated within South Africa and be registered with the CIPC;
- Applicants must meet the dti’s Localisation Framework requirements of a minimum of 20% equity ownership by a South African entity and B-BBEE requirements as per the B-BBEE Act.
- The enterprise must be compliant with generally accepted corporate governance practices appropriate to the client’s legal status; and
- For foreign owned IP, the IP should be licensed or assigned to a South African institution such as a university, science council or a legal entity registered with CIPC.
Kindly note that Seed Funding can only be accessed through the relevant Tech Transfer Offices(TTOs) at the various higher education institutions (HEIs).
Refer to the Manual for instructions on how to apply for funding
Should you still require assistance you can contact our Help Desk